1、 PCB copper clad plate
With the development of electronic products to light, thin, small, high-density and multi-function, the assembly density and integration of components on the printed circuit board are getting higher and higher, the power consumption is getting higher and higher, and the requirements for the heat dissipation of the PCB substrate are becoming more and more urgent. If the heat dissipation of the substrate is not good, it will lead to overheating of components on the printed circuit board, thus reducing the reliability of the whole machine. In this context, a high heat dissipation metal PCB substrate was born.
Aluminum based copper clad laminate is the most widely used metal PCB substrate. This product was invented by Sanyo National Policy of Japan in 1969 and began to be used in STK series power amplification hybrid integrated circuits in 1974. In the early 1980s, China's metal based copper clad laminate was mainly used in military products. At that time, metal PCB substrate materials were completely dependent on imports, which was expensive. In the middle and late 1980s, with the extensive use of aluminum based copper clad laminate in automobile and motorcycle electronic products and the expansion of its usage, the development of research and manufacturing technology of metal PCB substrate in China and its extensive application in electronics, telecommunications, power and many other fields were promoted.
Representative metal substrate manufacturers abroad include Sumitomo, Panasonic Electric, DENKA HITY PLATE, and Beggs, etc. Sumitomo metal PCB substrates in Japan have three series (namely aluminum based copper clad plate, iron based copper clad plate and silicon steel copper clad plate). The commercial grades of aluminum based copper clad plate, iron based copper clad plate and silicon steel copper clad plate are ALC-1401 and ALC-1370, ALC-5950, ALC-3370 and ALC-2420 respectively. The first manufacturer to develop metal based copper clad laminate in China is the No. 704 state-owned factory. In the late 1990s, many domestic units also successively developed and produced aluminum based copper clad laminate. There are three series of metal substrates in 704 Factory, namely aluminum based copper clad plate, copper based copper clad plate and iron based copper clad plate. The aluminum base copper clad laminate of 704 Factory can be divided into general purpose, high heat dissipation and high-frequency circuit models according to their characteristics. The commercial brands are MAF-01, MAF-02 and MAF-03 respectively, and the commercial brands of copper substrate and iron substrate are LSC-043F and MSF-034 respectively. It is estimated that the global output value of metal based PCB board is about 2 billion dollars. In Japan, the output value of metal based PCB was 2.5 billion yen in 1991, 6 billion yen in 1996, and 8 billion yen in 2001, about 13% annually.
2、 Structure and characteristics of common copper clad laminate
1. Phenolic glass cloth laminate with copper foil: It is a kind of laminated product made of alkali free glass cloth dipped in epoxy phenolic resin and hot pressed. It is coated with copper foil on one or both sides. It has the advantages of light weight, good electrical and mechanical properties, and convenient processing. The board is light yellow. If trichlorodiamine is used as the curing agent, the board is light green and has good transparency. It is mainly used as printed circuit board in radio equipment with high operating temperature and frequency.
2. Copper clad phenolic paper laminate: It is a laminated product made of insulating impregnated paper (TFz-62) or cotton fiber impregnated paper (1TZ-63) dipped in phenolic resin and hot pressed. Two surfaces of adhesive tape can be attached with a single piece of alkali free glass impregnated tape, and one side is coated with copper foil. Mainly used as printed circuit board in radio equipment.
3. Soft polyester copper coating film: It is a ribbon material made of polyester film and copper by hot pressing. In application, it is coiled into a spiral shape and placed inside the equipment. In order to strengthen or prevent moisture, it is often poured into a whole with epoxy resin. It is mainly used for flexible printed circuit and printed cable, and can be used as the transition line of connector.
4. Copper clad epoxy glass cloth laminate: It is a common material for hole metallized printed boards.
5. Polytetrafluoroethylene laminate with copper foil: It is a copper clad plate, which is made of polytetrafluoroethylene plate as the base plate, copper foil and hot pressing. It is mainly used as printed circuit board in high frequency and ultra-high frequencycircuits board.