Kingford focus on the high-quality PCBA order demand of "Multiple varieties, medium and small batch, and short lead time".
PCB manufacturing
PCB manufacturing
PCBA short circuit problem and possible risks caused by OEM
Andy 0 Comments

PCBA short circuit problem and possible risks caused by OEM

PCBA short circuit problem and possible risks caused by OEM

In PCBA manual welding, short circuit is a common processing defect. To achieve the same effect of manual welding and machine pasting, short circuit is a problem that must be solved. PCBA short circuit is a very common problem in PCBA processing. In case of short circuit problem, only by solving the problem promptly and quICkly can we ensure that the quality and function of the product meet the requirements. Next, we will introduce the method to quickly solve the PCBA short circuit problem.

The Method of Quickly Solving the Short Circuit Problem of PCBA

1. Use short circuit positioning analyzer to check.

2. Light up the short circuit network on the PCB diagram, find the place on the circuit board where the short circuit is most likely to occur, and pay attention to the internal short circuit of the IC.

3. If the short circuit occurs in the SMT SMAll batch patch processing, you can take a board to cut the wire, and then power on each part to check the short circuit part.

4. Be careful when capacitor welding the processing surface of small PCB, especially the power filter capacitors (103 or 104), which are large in number, are easy to cause short circuit between the power supply and the ground.

5. Manual welding operation should form a good habit. Use a multimeter to check whether the key circuit is short circuited. Every time an IC is manually processed, use a multimeter to measure whether the power supply and ground are short circuited.

6. If there is a BGA chip, because all the solder joints are covered by the chip and cannot be seen, and it is also a Multilayer board (more than 4 layers), it is better to separate the power supply of each chip during the design, and connect it with a magnetic bead or a 0 ohm resistance. In this way, when the power supply is short circuited to the ground, disconnect the magnetic bead for detection, and it is easy to locate a chip.


Possible risks of PCBA OEM

PCBA OEM means that R&D enterprises provide electronic processing plants with all the data needed for the entire electronic processing, and then wait for the receipt of goods. It is a very convenient and worry free processing mode. After the SMT chip proofing processing, PCB plate making, material purchasing and other aspects are all handed over to the SMT chip processing factory, the tedious links are eliminated, and the rest of the energy can be better focused on product research and development and MARKet development. There are advantages and disadvantages in everything. It seems that there must be risks in the very convenient processing mode, so what are the risks?

Risks that PCBA needs to understand

1. Maintenance risk

If the PCBA OEM manufacturer does not have a strong maintenance capability, it will lead to difficult product maintenance and extended maintenance cycle, which will eventually affect the delivery time of the product and cause relatively large losses to customers.

2. Quality risk of materials

As PCBA OEM manufacturers are responsible for the overall production of electronIC components and PCBs, some profit seeking electronic processing plants may purchase some fake and inferior materials in order to reduce production costs.

3. Procurement cycle risk

In the whole production cycle of electronic processing, material procurement is the most unstable, especially when the components used by customers are scarce, not regular supplies or the demand for components is large, and the OEM has no inventory and needs to order, then uncontrollable factors will occur.

4. Capital risk

PCBA OEM mode requires the manufacturer to help the customer purchase all materials. The customer needs to pay an advance payment in advance, usually 70% of the overall payment in advance. Then the manufacturer starts to purchase materials and carry out the electronic processing and production process. Finally, the customer pays the remaining 30% when the product is shipped. Generally speaking, this is a good processing mode, but it requires customers to find a OEM factory with years of experience and strict quality control.

PCB manufacturers, PCB designers and PCBA manufacturers explain the short circuit problem of PCBA and the possible risks arising from OEM.

We use cookies to optimize our website and our service.