What are the methods to check and avoid short circuit of circuit board?
What are the methods of checking and avoiding short circuit of circuit boards that PCB manufacturers, PCB designers and PCBA manufacturers explain to you?
The design of printed circuit board is based on the circuit schematIC diagram to realize the functions required by the circuit designer. The design of printed circuit board mainly refers to layout design, which needs to consider the layout of external connections. The optimal layout of internal electronIC components, the optimal layout of metal wiring and through-hole, electromagnetic protection, heat dissipation and other factors. Excellent layout design can save production costs and achieve good circuit performance and heat dissipation.
Short circuit causes considerable harm to PCBA, ranging from burning components to scrapping PCBA; At the same time, short circuit is also the most common fault of PCB. So, what are the methods to check and avoid the short circuit of the circuit board?
Before manual welding, check the PCB board once, and use a multimeter to check whether the key circuit is short circuited; Then, after welding one chip each time, use a multimeter to test whether the power supply and ground are short circuited.
2. During welding, be careful of SMAll surface mount capacitors, especially power filter capacitors, which may easily cause short circuit between power supply and ground.
3. If there is a BGA chip, it is better to separate the power supply of each chip during design and connect it with magnetic beads or 0 ohm resistors. It is worth noting that due to the difficulty of BGA welding, if it is not automatic welding, it is easy to short-circuit the adjacent power supply and the two welding balls.
4. Open the PCB diagram on the computer, light up the short circuited network, and check which places are closest to each other and are most easily connected to one another.
5. Once a short circuit is found, you can take a board to cut the wire, and then power on each function block separately to slowly troubleshoot. This method is suitable for single/double deck plates.
6. It is also an effective method to use the short circuit positioning analyzer for detection.
The above is the method to check and avoid short circuit of circuit board, and I believe it will be helpful to you. In a word, to avoid short circuit, we must firmly grasp every step and link in PCB production, check every suSPIcious point, and slowly troubleshoot, so as to effectively prevent short circuit. What are the methods of checking and avoiding short circuit of circuit boards that PCB manufacturers, PCB designers and PCBA manufacturers explain to you?