For SMT components, solder paste is applied directly to the pad to hold the component leads in one position. When the PCB passes through the dedicated reflow soldering, the solder paste will reflow. Here, a solid solder joint is formed. If you are using a hybrid type, you will need to use both wave soldering and reflow soldering. Automatic pick-up and drop-off machines are available to handle various components reliably.
PCBA processing reflow welding and wave welding difference
Size: By default, SMT components or parts are small or miniature and do not require drilling, which looks clean and attractive, especially in an era of smaller electronics board sizes.
Availability: Today, SMT has taken over the through-hole component. They are smaller, instead of resistors, capacitors and other through-hole components of the PCBA patch has accounted for more and more.
Performance: Using smaller components in the patch allows electrical signals to travel shorter distances. This also reduces signal flight time.
Cost effective: SMT parts are usually cheaper than through hole parts, let's take a quick look at the benefits of through hole parts.
Availability: If you need larger parts for high power applications, it may be difficult to find SMT equivalents. Through hole parts are readily available.
Strength: SMT solder joints may break if the part must withstand constant pressure. In this case, components such as connectors, switches, and other interface parts require the strength effectively provided by the leads from the solder to the borehole.
Power: SMT is not a good choice for high power circuits because it is difficult to achieve strong solder joints with SMT welds. Thus, through-hole technology provides greater mechanical strength for thermal stability, high voltage and mechanical stability.
2. Why choose Shenzhen smt manufacturer?
Many friends in the choice of SMT SMT processing manufacturers, to choose Shenzhen SMT processing manufacturers and choose suppliers in other areas to make a decision. Is it better to choose a factory located in Shenzhen or to choose suppliers in other regions that may have price advantages?
Choose the advantages of Shenzhen smt processing plant
1. Reliability of PCB quality professional knowledge
Quality: First, you must consider the quality aspect when choosing a pcba OEM. After all, it is well known that the circuit board is the heart of the electronic device, and the quality and reliability of the final product is directly related to the quality of the PCB. When you deal with a Shenzhen manufacturer, you are more certain that you have a common understanding of the quality standards required to cater to the domestic market.
Expertise: PCB manufacturing is a very technical process. What is needed is state-of-the-art industry knowledge and expertise in order to navigate a dynamic and changing industry. Similarly, Shenzhen manufacturers are more likely to have the necessary expertise because they were in the country's earliest special economic zone and were at the forefront of technology transfer from Hong Kong and others. In addition, it is much easier to collaborate with other supporting companies on components when needed.
Reliability: Your supplier's reliability comes from a variety of factors. This may be due to proper communication channels, on-time delivery of products, excellent customer service, and the ability to provide customized products that fit the unique needs of customers. Now, all of these aspects work better with Shenzhen PCB manufacturers than any independent supplier, where you may encounter multiple issues related to delivery times, customer support (due to time zone differences), and possible communication breakdowns. Check out the guide for what to consider when choosing the right PCB manufacturer.
2. Disadvantages of dealing with inland suppliers
If you choose not to choose smt machining services in Shenzhen because you can get a better cost, here are some aspects you need to keep in mind. You may have to compromise on the following:
Advance payment for transportation cost quality control
Shipping costs: While you may have negotiated a price for your PCB, the truth is that shipping costs can throw your budget off track. You may need to spend a lot of time and energy on this that you might otherwise spend on your core business activities.
Quality control: In fact, when it comes to inexperienced suppliers, you have little control over quality. Once the products are shipped to you and you find that they do not meet your quality requirements, there is nothing you can do. In addition, it is important that what you lose is valuable time, which will affect your time to market.
Advance payment: The way the industry works, you need to advance payment to the supplier. Of course, this will have an impact on your budget, but more importantly than paying all the money upfront, the likelihood of correcting quality problems is significantly reduced.
Shenzhen kingford SMT processing capacity
1. Maximum board card: 310mm*410mm(SMT);
2. Maximum plate thickness: 3mm;
3. Minimum plate thickness: 0.5mm;
4. Minimum Chip parts: 0201 package or parts above 0.6mm*0.3mm;
5. Maximum weight of mounted parts: 150g;
6. Maximum parts height: 25mm;
7. Maximum parts size: 150mm*150mm;
8. Minimum spacing of pin parts: 0.3mm;
9. Minimum ball parts (BGA) spacing: 0.3mm;
10. Minimum ball parts (BGA) ball diameter: 0.3mm;
11. Maximum parts mounting accuracy (100QFP) : 25um@IPC;
12. Patch capacity: 3-4 million points/day.
Why choose Shenzhen kingford?
1. Strength guarantee
▪SMT workshop: We have imported SMT machines and several sets of optical inspection equipment, with a daily output of 4 million. Each process is equipped with QC personnel, who can keep an eye on product quality.
▪DIP production line: We have two wave-soldering machines, among which there are more than 10 old employees who have worked for more than three years. The skilled workers can weld all kinds of plug-in materials.
2. Quality assurance, cost-effective
▪ High-end equipment can stick precision shaped parts, BGA, QFN, 0201 materials. Can also template patch, loose material hand.
▪ Sample and size batch can be produced, proofing from 800 yuan, batch 0.008 yuan/point, no start-up fee.
3. Rich experience in SMT and welding of electronic products, stable delivery
▪ Accumulated SMT SMT processing services for thousands of electronic enterprises, involving many kinds of automotive equipment and industrial control motherboard. The products are often exported to Europe and the United States, and the quality can be affirmed by new and old customers.
▪ On time delivery, normal 3-5 days after complete materials, small batch can also be expedited on the same day shipment.
4. Strong maintenance ability and perfect after-sales service
▪ Experienced maintenance engineers can repair all kinds of patch welding caused by bad products, to ensure the connection rate of each piece of circuit board.
▪ 24-hour customer service staff at any time response, the fastest speed to solve your order problems.